About National Tourism Day
National tourism day is celebrated on January 25 every year. The Indian government established the National Tourism Day to raise awareness about the importance of tourism for the country’s economy.
India offers several forms of Tourism such as cultural, nature, heritage, educational, business, sports, rural, medical, cruise, and eco-tourism.
What is Tourism?
Tourism and travel are often used similarly. However, travel is the movement of an individual or a group of people from one place to another due to work, health, education or meeting with family. Tourism, on the other hand, identifies with a person or group’s movement for entertaining purposes.
National Tourism Day significance and important facts
India has a rich culture of varied traditions, customs and festivals. India is a country full of diversities. There are different kinds of people with different religions living there. The countryside, language and the way of living changes here every few kilometers. Such diversity makes India a great attraction for tourists. Even Indians have been surprised when they travel, as every look and corner of the country presents a different picture.
India is a form of national tourism as related with national policies for the promotion and development of tourism. It also coordinates with central, state agencies and the public sector.
Best places to visit for tourism in different popular state and city in india
As we all know very well that India is a country of full diversities. So there are various places to visit for tourism. And mostly indian make a plan to visit India as a tour is in the middle of the season. In vacations of summer, winter and rainy season are the best time to tour and travel to enjoy the weather. So here are some of the following places mentioned below for tourism .
- In Goa ;- it is situated in the western coast and the smallest state of india. It is known for its white-sand beaches, stellar nightlife, eclectic seafood, world-heritage listed architecture.
- In rajasthan ;- rajasthan is the state situated in northern india. This area is covered with 3,42,249 square kilometer. Rajasthan is known for its historical hill forts & palaces, it is claimed as the best place for tourism-related to palaces. Umaid Bhawan Palace: It is the largest Royal Palace in Rajasthan. It is also one of the largest private residences in the world.
- Jaipur ;- jaipur is called a pink city. It is the capital of royal rajasthan. There are various places for tourism to visit ie. hawa mahal, jal mahal, saheliyon ki badi, zoo, temples, malls ,chaupaties etc.
- Jodhpur ;- Jodhpur is also known as a blue city. The historical hills as mehrangarh fort, umaid bhawan palace, kaylana lake, clocktower etc.
- Udaipur ;- udaipur is the city of lakes. It is one of the best places for tourism. It is known for beautiful historical hills all around the lakes. That made fame in its own way.
- Ajmer ;- ajmer is a city known as the heart of the city. There are many places for tourism. There is a dargah of khwaja moinudeen chishti, dhai din ka jhopda, nariyali,sai baba temple, waterpark etc.
- Mount abu ;- mount abu is a beautiful place for tourism. The view of sunset and sunrise seems beautiful with the undertaken hills around all the mountains.
- Agra ;– it is Located on the banks of River Yamuna in Uttar Pradesh, Agra is a popular tourist destination as it is home to one of the 7 wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal. This area is famous for its architecture in history.
- Delhi ;- The capital of India, Delhi is a city with a historic old Delhi and the modern New Delhi. From historical monuments to crowded shopping malls, from an extensive network of the modern metro system to Delhi University campus, red fort, jama masjid,chandni chowk bazar etc.
- Mumbai ;– Mumbai is the capital city of Indian state of Maharashtra, is a spectacular paradox of chaos and hope, glamour and squalor, modernity and tradition. Famously known as the City of Dreams, Mumbai – formerly known as Bombay – Mumbai is a beautifully blended melting pot of cultures and lifestyles.
- Himachal Pradesh ;- Himachal Pradesh is the state which is known as Switzerland of india. It is famous for snow,hills and well cool weather. There are shimla, manali, and many places for tourism. This area attracts a lot towards itself.
Himachal Pradesh has a strong Tibetan presence. This is reflected in its Buddhist temples and monasteries, as well as its vibrant Tibetan New Year celebrations. The region is also well known for its trekking, climbing and skiing areas.
Important facts related with National Tourism Day
- Tourism contributes to gdp.
- India gets nearly 11 million foreign tourists every year.
- The taj mahal alone attracts nearly 6 million people, bringing in a revenue of rs 119 crores in 2018.
- India does host the largest human congregation in the world though. Kumbh Mela in Prayagraj last year saw a staggering 120 million visitors—mostly domestic tourists.
- India has 38 UNESCO world heritage sites ,including the Taj Mahal in Agra, Jantar Mantar in Rajasthan, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus and Ajanta & Ellora Caves in Maharashtra, Qutub Minar in Delhi, Sundarbans National Park in West Bengal and Kaziranga National Park in Assam.
World Tourism Day
World tourism day is celebrated on 27 september every year. Since 1980, the United Nations World Tourism Organization has celebrated World Tourism Day as international observances. This date was chosen as on that day in 1970, the Statutes of the UNWTO were adopted. The adoption of these Statutes is considered a milestone in global tourism.
In 1972, Sunil Dutt launched a campaign to promote India as a popular tourist destination. The phrase “Incredible India” was adopted as a slogan by the ministry.
Hence , it is a day to raise awareness about the importance of tourism for the country’s economy. So we should give the importance of national tourism day.