Friendship day is a day celebrated in several countries for celebrating friendship or worldwide in natural language. It is celebrated each year on July 30. The history of friendship day back to 1958. On April 27,2011 the general assembly of the United Nation declared July 30 as official international friendship day. The UN has a special day to promote the concept of friendship across diverse backgrounds and cultures. However, India celebrates friendship day on the first Sunday of august. In Oberlin,Ohio celebrated each year on April 8, as friendship day.
It was originated by Joyce Hall,the founder of hallmark cards in 1930,intended to be on 2 august and a day when people celebrate their friendship by holiday celebrations. It is said that there is no relation between friendship and friendship in the world. Genuine friends are the heartbeat of life, without friends life is like hell. As on the day of valentine, people might express love towards their beloved, with the same feeling to express their love,purity, affection, honesty, dedication, and entire friendship will be shown by friends. On this day,people have an opportunity to express their happiness.
The Tradition of Friendship Day
The traditional celebration of friendship day includes meeting with friends,exchanging cards,flowers and gifts, and tying a friendship bracelet on the left hand. Many social and cultural organizations also celebrate friendship day by hosting programs and getting together. Special performances by rock bands are also organized in countries like the US to enhance the jubilation.friendship is like a perennial river which flows forever. It may change its path but will never ever dry up. It is a day to show the importance of our friends in our lives. Friendship day also means friendship anniversary. It is the day that two people officially became friends.People who are friends talk to each other and spend time together. They trust one another and also help each other when they are in trouble or are hurt. Friends are people that can be looked up to and trusted. Usually friends have similar interests.
Importance of Friends
FRIEND means a lot in itself, First relation In earth which never dies. Friendship is more far from the definition, but when you have true friends,it means that you have a weapon to fight with your problems, they give us bravery to rise above from failures. It also signifies to remind our school,colleges,and official colleagues to be with them. As per our busy schedule,we don’t have time for them. Friends are also gonna be your crime partner, they protect us from the scold of our parents. they make a company for us to share our sorrow and happiness. Markets have been decorated with different kinds of friendship bracelets,greeting cards,gifting items and many more.
Activities to Celebrate International Friendship Day
- Prepare and give small presents, like biscuits or chocolate, tied in bundles of cellophane with bright ribbon.
- Make a friendship band.
- Make a special ‘friendship book’ for a good friend, with photos, a drawing, poems or a story about your friendship.
- Read and share stories about friends.
- Create a poem title “a friend like you” or write an acrostic poem using the word FRIENDS.
- Make a class friendship book.
- Design a friendship poster with the word fun,love,trust,honesty etc.
- Make a friendship rainbow. Trace around students’ hands. Paint groups of them in different rainbow colors.
- In small groups, brainstorm to make a list of what friends do together. Share the lists, combine and create a class list for display.
- Write something that is what they mean for you of a friend and makes them feel special.
Friendship Day signifies the importance of harmonious friendships, which ultimately help in promoting love and peace among human beings. Friends are those whom we share our joys and sorrows,the ones who guide us and help us sail through highs and lows of life.This is why there is a special day to honor these individuals who are such an important part of our lives.
Show your Support to International Friendship Day in School
- Make a gift for your best friend, whom they are special to us.
- Make your day with your buddies and spend time together.
- Plan for a movie.
- Get parties, and get the good time rolls.
- Sending bracelets.
Friendship is a meaning where the friend gets together, and they signify joy,love,happiness, and unbreakable bond. There are some famous saying also,A day without friends is like a day without a heartbeat. Friends are the most important part of our lives.
- A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.it is as sweet as a chocolate candy.
- There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.
- Friends are though who keep our glowing memories fresher.
- True friendship cannot be found,it has to be earned, your friendship is most important to me because i have earned it. Wishing that person a very happy friendship day which I cannot live without them.
- A real friend never to include only in your good times, they will make a good time for you.
- Friends are like stars of the sky,you may not notice them all the time,but they are always there watching over you.
So be always with your friend who inspires you and supports you in your every ups and down,they are the key to happiness. Though you can make more friends in two months by being interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you : Dale Carnegie.