ABOUT LIFE ;-
Lal Bahadur Shastri was the second prime minister of independent India and an indian politician who served his best performance in 2011. He was born on 02 october, 1904 at mughalsarai, Varanasi, uttar pradesh.
Personal details ;-
Shastri’s father mr sharada prasad srivastava , mother name ramdulari , He is related with Indian national congress as a politician . He died on 11 January 1966.
Education and marriage ;-
He studied in East Central Railway Inter college and Harish Chandra High School, mughalsarai,Varanasi. He completed his graduation from the kashi vidyapeeth. He was given the title “shastri” which means scholar by vidyapeeth with his bachelor degree and dropped his surname “srivastava”. He got married with Lalita devi in 1926 and both became shastri and his wife was blessed with 6 children. The names of their children were Kusum, Hari Krishna, Suman, Anil, Sunil, and Ashok.
Efforts for making india freedom ;-
Shastri was also known as a man of peace. He was greatly attached with mahatma Gandhi and bal gangadhar tilak. He became a life member of servants of lok seva mandal and he started the work for upliftment for the backward classes and later he became the president of lok seva mandal society.
Shastri was a leader of indian national congress party and he participated in the non cooperation movement. He was sent to jail for some time by the Britishers.
Greatly influenced with mahatma Gandhi ;-
As far as we were concerned before he was greatly influenced by Mahatma Gandhi’s teaching method and the path of non violence, so he also participated in the salt satyagraha movement for which he was imprisoned for more than two years.
Shastri had spent some nine years in jail in total. He utilized his stay in prison by reading books and familiarizing himself with the works of western philosophers, revolutionaries and social reformers.
Lal bahadur shastri’s achievement ;-
Shastri became the parliament secretary in the U.P. and also became the second prime minister of India and promoted the white revolution , a national campaign to milk production and also promoted a green revolution for food production in india.
After the independence of India he became the first railway minister and then prominent position including home minister. He led the country during the indo-pakistan-war of 1965. His slogan is “Jai Jawan , Jai Kisan” which means (hail the soldier, hail the farmer). He became very popular during the war. The war ended with a tashkent agreement on january 10,1966.
Lal Bahadur Shastri died on 11 january,1966 due to heart attack. He was awarded the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award in 1966.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was known as a man of great integrity and competence. He was humble, tolerant with great inner strength who understood the language of the common person, also a man of vision who led countries towards progress.
Mystery behind his death ;-
- Shastri’s near and dear ones see a needle of suspicion pointing towards an insider’s hand
- On january 11, when shastri woke up at 1;25 am with coughing severely time, but there is no telephone or anything for informing the dr,so he walked along on the resting area and tells the staff to calls his personal doctor. The symptoms were for a heart attack.
- No post mortem was carried out for Shastri’s body.
- When Shastri’s body was brought to Delhi, no one had any clue,but seeing strange blue patches on Shastri’s body, his mother screamed that someone had poisoned her son. “Mere bitwa ko jahar de diya!”
- Hence, all with a clue we can say that lal bahadur shastri’s death was a mystery.
Some important facts about lal bahadur shastri ;-
- Shastri was the second prime minister of India who shared his birthday with mahatma Gandhi on 02 october.
- He gave a slogan to the farmers for the important role in India’s future – “jai jawan, jai kisan” which means ( hail the soldier and hail the farmer).
- He participated in the salt march movement and went to jail for two years.
- He is greatly influenced by Mahatma Gandhi and is going to follow his path of way.
- In 1926, he got the title ‘Shastri’ in Kashi Vidyapeeth University as a mark of scholarly success.
- As a dowry in his marriage, he only accepted the khaki cloth and spinning wheel.
- He became the minister of police and transport in 1947.
- He became a part of the non cooperation movement at the time of Freedom Struggle with Gandhi ji.
- He raised his voice against the dowry system and caste system.
- He was such a highly disciplined person and morals in his life,even though he didn’t have his own car when he became the prime minister of india.
- In the 1920s he joined the freedom movement and served as a prominent leader of the Indian National Congress.
Lal bahadur shastri’s inspirational quotes ;-
- A real friend tells you not to give up on your dreams. A real friend inspires you to push on.
- The preservation of freedom is not a task for the soldiers alone, the whole nation has to be strong.
- The loyalty to the country comes ahead of all other loyalties. And this is absolute loyalty since one cannot weigh in terms of what one receives.
- “The economic issues are most vital for us and it is of the highest importance that we should fight our biggest enemies – Poverty, unemployment.”
- Jai jawan jai kisan.
- “We want freedom for our country, but not at the expense or exploitation of others, not us to degrade other countries”.
- “The basic idea of governance, as I see it, is to hold the society together so that it can develop and march towards certain goals.
- Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
- I am not as simple as I look.
- Discipline and united action are the real source of strength for the nation.
- We cannot afford to spend million and million over nuclear arms when there is poverty and unemployment all around us.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was also known for his simplicity, patriotism, and honesty. India lost a great leader. He had given the talent and integrity to India. His death was still a mystery. Lal Bahadur Shastri had political associations is Indian National Congress. He had the political ideology such as nationalist, liberal, right-wing. Lal Bahadur Shastri is a Hinduism religion. He was the pillar to build a strong nation.
That’s why great leader’s death anniversary we are celebrating every year.